Wednesday, March 2, 2016

How To Cope With Video Game delays - Advice from an obsessive personality

Today, as we know, was a pretty tough day for all of us obsessive gamers. When I say "obsessive gamer" I do not mean obsessed with video games in general. I mean obsessed by one or very few specific titles. It's very easy to cope with delays if you are interested in all of the games released every year. This is more of an issue when your yearly happiness quota relies entirely on one or two games. The delay becomes more than just an additional waiting period, it brings a dreadful feeling of loss and emptiness and disorientation. The obsessive personality will understand when I say that I had planned my emotional schedule leading to the release of my favorite IP very specifically. Now the year is all messed up and I basically need to reschedule my happiness.

Of course, people will say that a delay is for the best. Indeed, it allows developers to fully finalize and polish their creation. And that is completely true. However, do not give an obsessive personality a goal to reach if that goal is going to be moved over and over. This is very disconcerting.
So if you are like me and do not cope well with change in your emotional gaming schedule and need help, here is a video that gives you steps to deal with the disappointment, pain and confusion that a video game delay brings. Stay strong my friends, stay strong!


No comments:

Post a Comment