Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Magic Mike XXL trailer - You're Welcome

I mean, come on! These boys are nice. I watched the first movie only once so I am not sure I consider myself a fan of either the genre or the film itself but I remember it being good entertainment and offering good visuals, if I dare say.
As it is the Hollywood habit, we get a sequel to these dancing, naked, oily dudes and apart from doubting the relevance of the story in this, I am not complaining. The trailer shows very little of what the movie is actually going to be about and I am sad that Matthew isn't going to be part of this new Magic Mike. However, what it showed concerned me slightly. Let's put the money shots of the bare chested hunks aside, I felt like I was watching a trailer for Footloose meets You Got Served. I don't know. I get that they are going to a convention and will take part in some sort of a competition but it seems all too "break dancing battle" to me. There is one particular shot that made me chuckle and that's what I like most in MM, and that's Joe Manganiello popping a soda can open from his crotch. The "You're Welcome" at the very end of the trailer is also a nice touch, that's how I know this movie won't take itself too seriously and will keep on playing on the sex more than the dance. That's what we want out of this. The poster Channing shared does just that, and it's funny and very clever. Let's hope it won't fall into the pits of the "competition" model which is unpleasant and unoriginal at best. I am hoping the same thing for Pitch Perfect 2....






No comments:

Post a Comment